Education is a key part of our vision. We want to teach future generations how to treat animals with respect and compassion, so that the issues we face now do not continue into the future. By increasing our capacity we will:
- Work with more schools to enable their students to experience our unique opportunities and learning experiences that our animals can offer
- Extend our Book Buddies scheme to more local schoolchildren who read to our cats with far more ease than they do to adults. This will enable them to build bonds with the cats they read to and improve their confidence and reading abilities
- Provide more work experience and Duke of Edinburgh placements, along with residential accommodation
- Provide more interactive opportunities for children and adults with learning disabilities to develop and enhance their experience in the company of animals
- Hold workshops on different aspects of pet health (medication, grooming etc) enabling people to learn about the commitment required to keep animals in the right conditions.